Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:14 am 
Senior Looney

The thing that makes Cleese so funny is that he could plausibly be any of the authority figures that he plays. It's not really surprising that he was studying to be a lawyer. He said that it was from studying law textbooks that he gained his ability to remember long speeches and things like the 'Johan Gambolputty...of Ulm' sketch.

Michael Palin said that no-one is as good as Cleese at saying 'Shut up! Think about it...It's true.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:49 pm 
Junior Looney

I am very annoyed tonight. Our computer is suffering from spyware...which is where certain sites can trace your steps and get access of your cred card details. i cant get rid of it...as you need to pay to get rid of it. the only site where u dont have to pay-isnt compatible with my computer. so...i now am having wearys about ordering off ebay...even tho i have put in a bid for a cleesey book i really want.
Anyway...that isnt important.
I also saw a woman who had got knocked over by a car today. half her knee was on the road. it was gross.
I'm having a bad day. What's the only cure for depression? watching cleese of course...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:59 pm 
Amazing Looney

Wanda666 I hope you have had a better day today. As for me, I had a pretty good day, even though my car is almost out of gas and I won't have any money until Thursday to put more gas in my car. Speaking of gas, why is it so expensive these days? It's going down where I live, but it's still ridiculously high. A couple weeks ago, it was up to 136 cents Canadian. At some gas stations, it's at 110 cents, so it's going down, but it's still high. I just don't like it at all [:(!]!!!

~*~ My sweat smells like bacon and mouldy cheese on a hot day in July in Saskatoon. ~*~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:44 pm 
Junior Looney

I'm having a better day thank you Mrs Norris. I think i got most of the Spyware off...i dunno. lol i dont really know what im doing! comps are not my speciality. think ive got the most scary bits off.
I heard Clese has written a sketch with Ricky Gervais for an awards show which is on ITV sunday night. Dunno if it's true or not. We shall see....x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:49 am 
Junior Looney

my dvd arrived a couple of days ago from ebay. It's called John Cleese's Wine For The Confused. It was on the tv a couple of years back. I find him fascinating to watch when he's acting normal! lol by that, i mean...just being himself!
I've always loved the Basil Fawlty character, and always thought it wud be cool if a character like that actually exists lol.
I've had a bit of a bad week this week. The only highlight was the dvd coming.
Think we might be getting the comp fixed tmz, as it's still shagged up. sigh. x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:03 pm 
Starting Loony

i ordered a sea view!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:00 pm 
Junior Looney

WAHOO!!! my computer is fixed, and now i'm all raring to go again!!!
just seen ricky gervais and cleesey do their little sketch scene on 50 years of ITV. I have to say, i was dissapointed that they were not there in the studio to do it live. Why does John never come to England anymore!!!
I will be recieving The Ministry Of Silly Walks poster very soon, from ebay. It is going above my bed. Got the Darkness poster above there at the mo...i shall tk that down wen this arrives. Not because i have gone off them, but i need a change of scenary.
How is everybody!? Because i am dandy!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:20 pm 
Junior Looney

COME ON PPL! LEAVE SUM REPLYS EH? x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm 
Average Looney

hmmm.... John Cleese seems like a very intelligent man.

i think he is extremely sexy, even more so than Michael Palin (sacrilege, i know), but he just does something for me that Palin never could. he (Palin) is cute. and cuteness is what is being marketed to girls these days as being attractive. and it annoys me.

nice topic name, btw. 8) does anyone else think Cleese is or was sexy? oh, and another thing i like about him is that even though he's old he doesn't bounce his knees like all the old men i know personally do. it's very odd and kind of annoying.

don't mind me, i'm just crazy. :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 pm 
Admin Overlord

Harry Snapper-Organs wrote:
It's a bit of a shame Cleese is doing stuff like Will and Grace and James Bond etc - just goes to show that no-one's immune to selling out a little. The nadir though was probably those adverts he did for Tesco supermarkets a few years ago.

I like JC in James Bond - his 'Q' is just the right amount of grouchy, and it's nice to see him playing a "straight" role. He def. comes across as some boffin who's been shut away in a lab most of his working life - just like the legendary Desmond Llewellyn.

CF

Oh and BTW - it was Sainsburys he did ads for, not Tescos. But you're right, they were aweful

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons